Yesterday we finished our MVP for our Japanisify app (as we had hoped). This means the translation algorithm is done and the user can now enter their name and see the Japanese translation!
So today we’ve started refactoring the code, as our coach also told us, we need to break our really long Regex into small functions, and we also added some front end to make it look pretty, and I started on adding some extra features. For example printing your name in Japanese and showing past searches.
We’re in week 9 now (😱), which means Makerthon. In the beginning of the week we could pitch ideas, selected our favourite ideas and vote which one we want to do this week.
So for me this means, I’m now working on creating an European to Japanese name converter. So than Anne becomes (insert jp here) 🙂
First we we’re looking for an API but there aren’t any free ones available (or they didn’t work as we wanted them to), so we’ve decided to write our own algorithm which seems is challenging but fun I think 🙂
(And really only Misa from our team will be able to tell if it’s wrong 😝)
We’re hoping to have our MVP by end of today and then we want to implement some more fun stuff, such as linking to tattoo studios in the user’s area, so they can get a tattoo with their Japanese name 😂.